Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Quest Bar Addiction

I have a problem...I have an addiction to quest bars. They are the perfect on the go snack / meal replacement and there are so many different flavors, I never get bored. And you can eat them as a protein bar, microwave them so they are warm and gooey or bake them and make quest cookies! You can add filling and roll the bar to make a cannoli or top with peanut butter and almond butter - the possibilities are endless!

GNC is having a special promotion - buy 3 get one free, and I had a $10 off coupon so I bought 12 quest bars for $18. That's an $18 savings! I saved $1.11 on each bar. It's incredible. At $3 per bar, it is expensive (except when you consider that I pay $10 for lunch in NYC and $3 for a meal replacement is not that bad). So I stocked up! And now that I have a few evening classes in the next few weeks, they will definitely all be eaten.


The newest flavor, cookies and cream is my favorite (right now) followed by white chocolate raspberry. The chunks of white chocolate are always huge and make me smile when I think about how I am spoiling myself with a delicious sweet treat, but it is packed with protein (20g) and low carb and gluten free and has no added sugar! It's a great clean snack. Maybe I will replace my ice cream with quest bars at night! Or I can just cut a quest bar in half and put ice cream in the center of them and make a quest bar ice cream sandwich. Nothing wrong with combining my two loves!

Before tonight's bar class I am going to have a cookies and cream (5 WW points).

No comments:

Post a Comment